life is a beach

Friday, February 7, 2014

February 7, 2014

WOW!  I knew it had been awhile since I made my last post but I hadn't realized how long!  Happy Belated New Year:)  I hope everyone received a copy of our student designed newsletter  a couple weeks ago.

Having 3 snow days this week has put us a little behind with some things, the most noticeable being our Valentine's Day party next week.  Mrs. Daniels and I had decided to have an ice cream sundae party for our class Valentine's Day party and plan to continue with this idea.  I need a couple of parents to bring vanilla ice cream, and others to send ice cream toppings.  We also need bowls, cups and spoons.  Although I had originally planned to send home a sign up sheet, our 3 snow days nixed that plan:) We will just do the best we can in the short amount of time we have:)  Suggested topping ideas would be: cool whip, cherries, syrup (chocolate, strawberry, caramel:), small candies, and sprinkles.  If you are able to bring ice cream bowls, cups, spoons, or toppings please email or text and let me know so I can pick up any extras we may need Monday night:)  Also, we will exchange valentines, I will send a class list home with students on Monday if you would like to address cards to individual students.  If you would like to just write who the card is from that would be fine also.

*Conference notes were sent home last Thursday, please let me know if you need to change your time*

Next week during conferences I will post again with information on what we are studying during the school day.  Stay Warm!

Upcoming Dates:
Valentine's Day Party - Tuesday, February 11th @ 2:15
Conferences: Wednesday and Thursday, February 12th and 13th
No School Due To Conferences: Thursday and Friday, February 13th and 14th

No comments:

Post a Comment